Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Pizza Popcorn

Last weekend it was lunch time and  the kids were all starving. I was craving pizza but only had enough energy for popcorn. So, pizza popcorn it was. We have an air popper, but I'm sure you could make this with the bag kind as well, although I'm always a little worried about the "butter flavoring" they put in it.
 
I did melt a couple tablespoons of real butter to pour on it and sprinkled it with salt and Parmesan cheese. I think some garlic salt would have been really great with it also. Next I spread it on a lined baking sheet and sprinkled it with a mozzarella cheese and chopped turkey pepperoni.   
 


I baked it @250 degrees for ten minutes and then served it up to my kids for lunch without feeling guilty one little bit.



Sadly, it didn't take away my craving for a big slice of greasy cheese pizza, but that's not the popcorn's fault. And it still was pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment