Thursday, April 11, 2013

Healthy "er" Chocolate Chip Cookies

I wasn't sure how my kids were going react to these because the one thing I am famous for in our house are my chocolate chip cookies. I'm not the greatest cook, but cookies are my thing. I was even prepared to call them brown sugar cookies so they wouldn't expect them to taste like the normal ones.

Obviously I should not have worried!



Even though these cookies did taste really good and are much better health wise than the original recipe, I have a feeling I'm not done tweaking. So, this is just a first draft, but a great one!

1/2 C Butter
1/2 C Coconut Oil
1 C Sucanat or Coconut Sugar
1/4 C Honey
2 Eggs
2 tsp Vanilla
1/2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Baking Soda
2 1/2 C Whole Wheat Flour
Dark Chocolate Chips

No one really needs instructions for how to make chocolate chip cookies, but here they are anyway.

Cream together butter, oil, sucanat, and honey until light and creamy. Mix in eggs and vanilla. Add dry ingredients and mix until well combined. Mix in chocolate chips and bake @350 for 8-10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment